An atlas of diabetes in South Australia
An atlas of diabetes in South Australia was produced for the Department for Health and Ageing (South Australia).
The atlas provides a broad picture of health in South Australia. It combines socioeconomic and other risk factors associated with diabetes with prevalence, treatment and service use data. It aims to assist communities, health practitioners, policy-makers and service planners, to better understand aspects of diabetes at the community level.
The atlas presents data for, and maps of, the following indicators:
- socioeconomic variables;
- risk factor estimates;
- prevalence estimates diabetes and related conditions;
- Medicare-funded services provided by GPs related to diabetes care;
- Pharmaceutical Benefit Scheme (PBS) prescriptions used in the management of diabetes;
- Emergency Department presentations for endocrine and related reasons;
- diabetes specific and diabetes related admissions to hospitals; and
- premature mortality due to diabetes and related conditions.
Where possible, these indicators are presented by relevant demographic characteristics, including age, sex, and Indigenous status.
Authored by PHIDU